Friday, November 5, 2010

lunch box treat...

I was thumbing through my favorite magazine and found this super cute idea for an adorable lunch box treat! It is a tube of Rolos with a Hershey's kiss on the top made to look like a pencil! How cute is that?!!


Here is what you will need to make one:
1 Rolo
1 Hershey kiss
yellow card stock
pink card stock
tinfoil
pinking shears or zig zag scissors
tape
glue dots
paper crimper or something to bend paper

First step: Measure your yellow paper so that it covers 95% of the Rolo pack. Crimp the paper or use a straight edge to create lines going down the paper. Then cut one edge of the paper with your scissors. Use tape to adhere the paper to the Rolo pack.

Next take your pink card stock and cut small strips to cover the end of the Rolo pack. Adhere with tape. Then use a quarter to cut circles for the end or the "eraser" Use a glue dot to stick the circle to the bottom.



Next cut a small strip of tin foil and tape it to the bottom seam where the pink and the yellow meet.

Last step is to use a glue dot and place your kiss on the other end of the Rolo pack. I pulled/ripped the kiss tag out.


10 comments:

  1. OMG this is SO daring...what a great surprise for the kids in their lunch box...wow i love this..
    thanks for sharing..

    melissa from Naches, WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I posted this project on Fun Friday Finds. I hope you will stop by and take a look.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am totally doing this for my boys. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so totally amazing!! I am so going to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this idea. I'm going to make them for my new students!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute but I want to know what awesome magazine that is from??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too! What great mag is this? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is from Family Fun i think...it was a while ago...so i can't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is from Family Fun i think...it was a while ago...so i can't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my......I am so making this for the kids on my bus for 1st day of school. Will have my cricut cut out all of it except the foil pieces.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete