Friday, November 28, 2014

#whitefriday...



My friend Mandy posted this idea and I loved it:
"My mom gave me the idea last year to start a new tradition on "Black Friday." We are calling this new tradition WHITE FRIDAY. If you are a religious person, consider kicking off your holiday season with goodness and joy in purity and reverence for the gift of our Savior's life on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We will do this by enjoying the peace and quiet of one of the temples dedicated to our Heavenly Father, rather than the chaos of retail stores. Maybe if lots of people start this tradition we can make this a thing. A good thing. ‪#‎whitefriday‬ ‪#‎holidaykickoff‬ ‪#‎bethegood‬
White Friday instead of Black Friday....Brilliant!!  I have never been into the craziness of black Friday shopping.  I think the mister went once about 12 years ago in hopes of getting a DVD player on sale for only $100!!  The thought of staying up late, battling crowds just to save a few dollars never made sense to me.  So when my friend suggested this idea I was on board right away.  I am always on the look out for doable traditions to enhance our holidays and this one totally fits the bill.  The mister and I and our oldest son went to the temple this morning. We are totally making this a tradition in our family!! I created the button to post. Feel free to share! I echo her thought...what if our temples were just as packed as the retail stores the day after Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment