Thursday, November 18, 2010

the mommy pouch...


Do you have childhood memories of your mom's purse? I do! It seemed like my mom had just about everything in her purse...need a nail file? a cough drop? how about headache medicine? or a pair of scissors? She seriously could have had a hammer in there and I wouldn't have been surprised!

I have discovered that becoming a well organized mommy isn't something that happens the moment you have a baby...or 4...it happens as needs arise and you look for a way to solve that problem in a way that works for your family.

Like I have said before...sometimes being an organized mommy means having multiples of the same thing just in different places. (I don't know how many times I have needed something and thought, "Oh! I have that...just not with me...it's at home!)

As my kids started growing older I noticed that when we were out and about I found myself needing things that I didn't have like a band aid or a wipe for sticky hands. So a few years ago I made these awesome pouches...

I made a list of things that we often need all the time.

Pouch contents:
  • lotion
  • hand sanitizer
  • tissue pouch
  • chapstick
  • Band-Aids
In the pouch I keep in my purse I also have:
  • Tylenol
  • hot hands


I made 3 of these pouches. One is in my purse...one is in our church bag...and one is in our family car. The great thing about having it all zipped up in one little pouch is that you can move it where you need it...are you a gal that changes purses often? Now you just move your pouch over too instead of needing to empty all your purse pockets!

We tend to go through the lotion and tissues the fastest! ; )

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I am going to do this as soon as I get a moment!

    ReplyDelete