Friday, November 5, 2010

getting a nursery ready...

Furniture:
  • Crib
  • Crib Set: bumper, sheet, quilt
  • Rocker (one with a foot stool is great for late night feedings)
  • Changing table
  • Dresser (You can get dressers that are also a changing table, or buy a changing table and use the shelves underneath to hold clothes and diapers in little bins)
  • Lamp
  • Night light (This is nice to have on all night long. Especially for the night time feedings. Then you don't feel like you have to turn on a light. I like to put it by the rocker.)
Clothes:
  • 10-12 white onsies (great of under just about any outfit or sleeper)
  • 8-10 sleepers (honestly my babies usually stay in sleepers until they are a few months old...occasionally I will put on an outfit, but sleepers are the easiest and most comfortable!)
  • 3 snug fitting hats
  • jacket/or infant snow suit if it is cold out
  • mittens (to keep them from scratching their face)
Other:
  • Boppy pillow (probably the best baby purchase I ever made)
  • 8-10 burp cloths
  • 4-5 light blankets (good for swaddling)
  • Balmex diaper cream (my personal favorite brand. It doesn't stink and it isn't greasy.)
  • 200 new born diapers (I buy the huge boxes at Costco)
  • 1 package of size 1 diapers (I LOVE Huggies...if your baby is anything like mine they out grow the newborn size around 3 weeks old and are into size ones by 1 month old)
  • Several packages of wipes (I love the Huggies brand wipes too)
  • several pacifiers (I love Nuk brand)


No comments:

Post a Comment